Some quick and simple knife tips from a random chef we pulled off the street in Sydney, Australia...
1. Great chefs know how to maintain their knives
2. You should always use the right knife for the job
3. Always cut away from yourself, not towards you
4. Make sure your cutting board is well-oiled and clean before using it
5. Keep your knives sharp with regular honing or sharpen them professionally when needed
6. Store your knives in a safe place so they don't get damaged or dulled by other items in the kitchen