Ready in about: 10 hours 40 minutes, serves: 8
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. crushes red pepper
- 5 lb. boneless leg of lamb, trimmed
- 2 tbsp. + 2 tsp. ground cumin, divided
- 1 tbsp. coarse sea salt, divided
- 2 cups fresh orange juice
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. oregano, dried
- 3 garlic cloves
- Cooking spray
- Place the lamb in a two-gallon zip-top plastic bag. Rub over meat with juice, oregano, 2 tablespoons cumin, and 2 teaspoons salt. Lamb should be refrigerated overnight.
- Combine orange juice, garlic, olive oil, and onions in a blender. Gather all ingredients in a bowl; cover and chill overnight.
- Combine the remaining 2 tablespoons of cumin, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a separate dish.
- Preheat the grill to a medium temperature. Pull lamb out of the freezer and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Cover lamb with foil and place on grill rack covered with cooking spray. Grill lamb for 1½ hours or until a thermometer reads 135° (medium), flipping and often basting with onion mixture.
- Remove lamb and set aside for 15 minutes. (The lamb's internal temperature will increase to approximately 145° or medium-well.) Thinly slice the lamb leg kitchen/butcher knife and sprinkle with cumin mixture. Serve and enjoy.