Ready in about: 45 minutes, Serves: 8
- 800g lamb leg steaks, fat trimmed, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 medium-size red onions, chopped
- 3 red capsicums, seedless, cut into 2cm pieces
- 6-7 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped oregano leaves
- 1 tsp. finely shredded lemon rind
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small-size red chili, seedless, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Thread lamb, onion, and capsicum onto 24 bamboo skewers that have been soaked in water. Distribute evenly in a ceramic or glass dish or baking tray.
- Add the rind, oregano, lemon juice, garlic, chili, and oil to the medium-sized bowl. Turn skewers to coat with marinade. Refrigerate to allow flavors to infuse (about 30 minutes or longer).
- Over medium-high heat, preheat a barbecue plate or char-grill. Grill the skewers for 8-10 minutes, occasionally turning, until evenly browned and cooked to your preference.
- Transfer to a serving platter and cover for 5 minutes. Serve with wedges of lemon.