Ready in about: 2 hours 20 minutes, serves: 6
- 1 lamb shank (4 lb each)
- 3 tbsp. Olive oil
- ¼ tsp. basil, dried
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp. Dried parsley
- ½ tsp. dried mint
- 1 tsp. Rosemary, dried
- ¼ tsp. ground thyme
- 2 tbsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. honey
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- Grab your chef knife and cut criss cross slits into the lamb shanks approximately 1 inch apart and ½-inch deep; arrange in a shallow dish.
- In a small ceramics bowl, whisk together the olive oil, rosemary, thyme, basil, parsley, mint, black pepper, salt, and cayenne pepper; brush evenly over the lamb shank. Lamb should be chilled for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat your BBQ to medium heat and brush the grill with oil.
- Whisk together lemon juice and honey until smooth in a small ceramics bowl.
- Cook lamb shanks on the prepared grill, basting with lemon juice mixture every 15 minutes until browned on the outside; red in the center, about 30 minutes per side.