Ready in about: 35 minutes, serves: 4
- 4 (12 oz. each) boneless rib-eye, 1 ½-inch thick
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 tbsp ground pepper
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- First, take out the steaks from the fridge 20 minutes before grilling and allow them to come to room temperature, covered.
- Increase the heat to high on your grill. Season the steak liberally with salt and pepper and brush both sides of with oil.
- Grill the beef steaks for 5 minutes on each side until golden brown and slightly charred. Flip the side of the steak and continue grilling for 3 to 5 minutes more for medium-rare (an internal temperature of 135o Fahrenheit), 5 to 7 minutes longer for medium (140o Fahrenheit), or 8 to 10 minutes longer for medium-well (150o degrees F).
- Transfer the steaks to a cutting board or platter, wrap with foil, and set aside for 5 minutes before slicing with your Damascus chef knife.