Ready in about: 50 minutes, serves: 8-10
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (3 lb)
- 1 tbsp. ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp. Ground ginger
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 onion, cut into chunks
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 10 pita pieces of bread, warmed and halved
- Thinly sliced onion
- Chopped tomato
- 4 garlic cloves
- ½ tsp. salt
- Combine the onion, garlic, sugar, mustard, ginger, pepper, and cayenne pepper in a blender and process until the onion is finely chopped; cover and process until the onion is finely diced. Process the soy sauce and water until smooth.
- Grab your Damascus Chef knife and cut into ¼-inch-thick slices with Knife; place the beef in the large-size deep dish. Flip and coat with marinade; cover and chill for 1-2 hours.
- To make the sauce, mix the cucumber, garlic, and salt in a blender; cover and process until the cucumber is finely chopped.
- Process vinegar and oil until smooth. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and whisk in the sour cream. Refrigerate until ready to serve. The marinade should be drained and discarded.
- Cover and grill beef over medium-high heat until the desired degree of doneness is achieved (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; for medium, 140°; and for medium-well, 145°).
- Fill pita halves halfway with beef. Cucumber sauce, sliced onion, and chopped tomato are served on the side. Any remaining sauce should be refrigerated.